Tuesday 21 September 2010

TCHO Chocolate

TCHO Chocolate: "




A few months ago I was wondering around the amazing Monsieur Marcels, a gourmet market here in Los Angeles with a ton of delectable goodies. While browsing I came across the amazing chocolate you see above called TCHO, a San Francisco based company that’s making an art out of chocolate. The company is made up of around two dozen people who have a love for chocolate, though clearly they have an equal love for design.


A lot of people suggest that you shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover, but I absolutely judged this chocolate by it’s packaging. The amazing combination of brown with the gold swirls, which remind me of the guilloché you find on money, would grab your attention from across the room as far as I’m concerned. As for the chocolate itself it was absolutely delicious, though I doubt I could tell you the difference between brands.


It’s also of note that TCHO seems to have a chocolate tasting storefront somewhere along the pier in San Francisco. While I was visiting San Francisco a few weeks ago Kyle and I walked by it but decided not to stop by. Has anyone else been there for a tasting?


Bobby

"